View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 5:15 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
this is so sad and so foolish. they claim that the old site has transit access issues, and that this new site will provide "mass transit" options. no it wont. it is in cobb county which has consistently shot down the marta sales tax, and i highly doubt we will see heavy rail up 75 anytime soon. this is basically in an office park. there was and is nothing wrong with turner field. there have been great redevelopment plans in place for the area north of turner field that would have made the area a fantastic destination and improved the neighborhood, and i believe there were plans in place for street car or light rail or even that mag-lev train idea. there are so many reasons not to do this, and so few good reasons for moving the team here and building a new stadium. i just dont understand it at all
The transit excuse and the infrastructure needs to Turner Field are bs excuses. This move is all about moving closer to a particular demographic that buys Braves tickets and attends Braves games.