View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 2:37 AM
BANNED

I would like to see a bigger building there. IIRC, this parcel (and the "Hudson Spire" site) have the highest FAR available to use and gets lower from there. These are really the only spots for signature towers but we're pretty much getting banal buildings with similar heights. I've pretty much lost interest in this area.

Lame and lame proposals are the norm here. Thank you Related. With those tax breaks, you'd think better architecture would be a top priority here, but what was I thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The max is supposed to be 33 for all of the four corners site. But the project site isn't necessarily the full lot site. Remember, a portion of the lot is being allocated for the Hudson Blvd & Park. Use the railyard development for an example. The FAR isn't as high, but they are able to utilize the FAR of the entire site.

The four corners lots received the 33 FAR, with a max residential FAR of 6 (6 times the lot size could be residential space). As far as I know, only 3 Hudson has contemplated residential space at the top.

These sites were originally going to have an unlimited FAR, until the City Council stepped in. The current Queens borough president led that charge.

Last edited by Perklol; Aug 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM.