View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2009, 6:46 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Yes I think you're right, this is mostly phase 2 stuff. Although some of the smaller stuff south of Howard is probably for the new ramps. As far as demo, from the article:

Quote:
The city can use eminent domain to demolish 21 buildings in a 145-acre chunk of downtown.
Quote:
City planners say some buildings have to be taken down, though the transit center plan will preserve some historic sites, such as the Drexler Planters Hotel at 606 Folsom St. and the Philips Van Orden building at 234 First St.

Some buildings on the first block of Second Street couldn’t be salvaged, and were acquired either “under settlement or threat of eminent domain,” said Harry Quinn, real estate coordinator for Transbay Joint Powers Authority.
So at least some of them are toast -- we know the building right on the northeast corner of Second and Howard is, as they've posted renderings of the grand park entrance replacement structure (and I'm pretty sure that's what they are referring to in that last paragraph). But it would sure be nice if some of these just need to be made vacant for awhile.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park