View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 1:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I would also be interested in seeing a poll - broken down by age group - of those who prefer the "twins" or the new 1WTC. My gut instinct tells me the older age groups would nominate the original complex while younger age groups (i.e. those in their teenage years) would vote for 1WTC because that's all they know; they never had the opportunity to experience the glory that once was. At 33 years old, and having seen and lived with both, for me it's the original complex all the way. I would even go so far to say that the Twin Towers were more iconic than the ESB, as they were more recognizable to both Americans and the global population alike.
You are so off on that Age thing. I find it insulting that you would think that young people would only prefer the new complex,

The new towers are far better, and I'm no teen. I was inside and all around those towers and I can tell you that they can't compare aesthetically. The glory you talk about must be lost on me because although impressive, their facades were dull and uninspired.

Then again, I'm an aficionado of modern and futuristic design and I'm always looking forward. I dont think you can generalize that older folks love the dull and grey twins over the new and fresh design, that is absurd. If so, many are probably sentimental votes rather than judgements that focus on design without historical influence.

Last edited by aquablue; Feb 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM.