View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Thanks for the enlarged rendering AB! seeing it has change my mind somewhat about LocalConstructs proposal. I like that industrial look that it has. Originally when I first looked at it I immediately thought that it looked more like something you'd see rendered from a HS drafting student for his/her assignment.
I do like some Buildings that have an industrial touch to it. But it has to be done right. One new fad that's caught my eye recently is that of using shipping containers. If it is done right they're pretty darn impressive. In fact, that's something I'd like to see incorporated into a small build downtown. But anyways, in the end if LocalConstruct's design is chosen, I would like to see the metal grated panels painted more of a grayish color instead of the white that matching the rest of the building.

I was going to say the same thing about the shipping containers...as in that's what LocalConstruct's design looks like. I'm really hoping for something entirely different out of the Roost and Nest projects. With names like those, and this rendering now, I'm a little worried. I suppose a little variety in architectural styles is a good thing, but I just cannot get behind that.

This abomination was proposed in the Lusk St neighborhood a couple years ago, where there is now a much larger, urban, and classier complex under construction.