View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Ever been in the basement of an higher class seniors facility? The garage might be quite full but the cars are covered in dust. I had family in the Berkley nearby and because of the grocery store, buses, and pharmacy being nearby they did keep their car but only used it once a week or so to keep it in good shape and to lend to needing family members. This building is directly on multiple bus routes so employees would likely bus or walk to work like they do at the Berkley. Family visits are normally in the evenings on weekdays (Friday especially busy). Weekends it mostly daytime hours and suppertime.

With all of this considered in the likelyhood of this development significantly impacting traffic during peak hours is slim. There might be some impact on evenings and weekends mainly with parking but that can be easily monitored and if its get to be serious new parking bans can be created or neighbourhood parking permits could be installed (like whats coming for around the Commons).
DJ is quite right. My mom lives in a building that isn't a senior's home, but about 90% of people are at least in their late 60's (my mom turning 60 this November). Many of the people who are older, might use their car once or twice a week at the most. People like my mom who still have good vision, use them more.