View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 10:44 PM

^ Yes, definitely good news that it will be renovated. It is certainly in need of a freshening. New windows and exterior improvements (hopefully they can hide the scars from where many windows were bricked in decades ago) to go along with mechanical systems will do a lot for this building. Given its prominent location on Perry Square in the midst of major development plans, I'm really hoping that they activate the ground floor with multiple retail options. Because it's been a depressing housing project for far too long... and a major deterrent to street-level activity since the building is specifically for elderly and disabled people.

They would be stupid not to do so, considering the ongoing and planned development all around them, and with 1000+ more employees coming to Erie Insurance new campus next door... easy customers. I would like to see the building renovated, sold, and converted to a much better use for the location (i.e., market-rate apartments), and the owner, Beacon Communities, use the proceeds from the sale to build a much better living environment downtown for the Richford Arms residents.