View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Miami/Dallas/Pheonix? If you are talking only about suburbs (which seems a bit strange) I can see Miami and Pheonix but Miami and Dallas could not be any more dissimilar (I have spent a lot of time in each). Like not in any way similar. The cores are completely different in every way, the suburbs are completely different in every way. Dallas and Houston are much more similar.
If we are talking burbs than any cities burbs to any other are pretty similar other than plants and what materials coat the outside of single family homes.

I cant imagine how anyone could think Phoenix and Miami (or Tampa) are similar at all, Dallas maybe but really its more comparable to other western cities like Vegas, Denver, Salt Lake, much of the LA area, Sacramento, etc etc

I exclude El Paso, ABQ and Tucson as they have retained a unique "southwestern" or "old west" feel compared to the cities I listed above. Places like Denver, Vegas, LA, Phoenix which had very western vibes (sometimes recently) have all shed that feel for a more "West Coast" in general feel.

Florida? Absolutely not..