View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 1:25 AM

Botiller Mansion/Ingraham Hotel

I was defeated by the "search" function once again re The Marchado Bernard House.

Thank You GaylordWilshire, for the further info on the Botiller mansion/"Sunset House". It's not a very likable house but would, I guess, make a pretty hotel on the Riviera. Was this always a triple lot or did something get torn down?

You previously posted this:

uglyangel

now it looks like this:

google maps

You previously mentioned former residents of the house. This is Michael Gross' list from Unreal Estate:

Francisca Bernard (Mrs. Dionicio) Botiller: Builder, wife of heir to a Spanish land grant fortune.
Frank and Cecilia Botiller and Ida Botiller Lindley: Children of Francisca and Dionicio Botiller.
Jack Royal Young Lindley: Brother of Loretta Young, informally adopted son of Ida Botiller Lindley.
Dorothy Wellborn “Dolly” Green: Daughter of Burton Green, a co-founder of Beverly Hills.
Neil Steere McCarthy: Lawyer for Howard Hughes, L. B. Mayer, and others; polo player; cofounder of the Beverly Hills Speedway. Lover of Dolly Green.
Mary Beich McCarthy: Candy heiress, second wife of Neil, painter.
Stewart and Lynda Resnick: Former owners of the Franklin Mint; owners of FIJI Water, Teleflora, fruit and nut farms, and other enterprises.

Lynda Resnick would seem to have a varied history. This quote is from her wiki page:

"(Lynda) Resnick, then Sinay, began doing occasional work for the antiwar movement during the Vietnam war era. Her friend, Daniel Ellsberg, asked to use her copy machine on nights and weekends in order to distribute top-secret military documents. Ellsberg gave these documents to The New York Times, which then published them. Dubbed the Pentagon Papers, they detailed aspects of the war hidden from the public and damaged the credibility of the Presidents involved. Resnick was designated an un-indicted co-conspirator for her role and pursued by prosecutors for two years. Legal actions were eventually dropped."

I've looked and looked at the Ingraham Hotel shots you posted. Are they the same building?