View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2009, 10:20 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftopolis View Post
Do you know the size of Boise Downtown Blocks? I don't recall them to be particularly large, but it's been a while. It would be helpful to know what kind of space is still available, if one or both of the streets were punched through. Visually, they look big enough to still have an amphitheatre. There are lots of options, such as: one street could be dug down and sort of tunneled, in order to maintain a large above-ground flat surface to work with.

BTW, your castle/moat comparison sums it up well.
I believe boise's city blocks are similar to portland's in that they are 68,000 sqft.
I think if towers are incorprated with more breaks it would look less castle-like

Also, I know that the simplot is looking to incorporate their corporate headquarters into it. I don't know if that would involve more floors or another tower of if that is what is part of the design in the top left corner...
we'll have to wait and see...
I hope that the design review does not just let this steamroll through the process because the economy is crap right now... if you're going to do something.. do it right...
I would even advocate parking to be underground and elevators to ground level being in the center of the plaza..