View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckaluck View Post
While tragic, Lupe's demise may have been less noirish than reported. Read about it here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbar...b_3332978.html
So she didn't die like this...
credit.

Ok. But the author of Beverly Hills Confidential ("Emmy-award-winning journalist" and the writer of the HuffPo article) insists that the photo below is an actual shot of Lupe as she was found by the police. Perfect makeup, flat on her back with feet pointed skyward, dress that just happened to slide provocatively up one leg...she even tries to tell us that Lupe may have "collapse[d] onto the floor" and wound up as pictured. Please.

HuffPo

The HuffPo article is worth reading for the comments. I was given the book by a friend a few years ago and I have to say--it's not great. While Hollywood Babylon may be full of fables, at least Anger had a sense of humor, and I'd guess would have been smart enough not to take this photo seriously. Anyway, stars live by smoke and mirrors and they die by smoke and mirrors. My favorite line about Gary Cooper--supposedly uttered by Clara Bow--was that "He was hung like a horse and could go all night." Somewhere else I've read that he was actually a slam-bam type. As if anyone really knows. We all prefer our myths--what are stars anyway, but myths?

Last edited by GaylordWilshire; Nov 12, 2013 at 5:31 PM.