View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2012, 10:03 AM

Re: La Vista Terrace

My mother lived there in the early 1950's. Here is a photo of La Vista in 1951 I believe. Although there is a tree that is hiding some of the view, it still appears the towers and arbor are still there. I was able to find an old satellite history, perhaps on Google earth that showed the area in 1994. The property that La Vista was on was freshly graded so I believe the bungalows were torn down about that time.

The Mary Clark home suffered great damage in the 1987 Whittier Earthquake and was closed down after that. It was renovated and later reopened as hotel. I would imagine that is when the tower came down. It is still a gorgeous building that is celebrating its 100th year this year. I used to drive past several times a week, unbeknownst to me that my mother used to live behind it.

One other interesting note about the Mary Clark house was that when my mother lived at La Vista she remember she would always hear music coming from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
Thx so much for the info Rycoft and to e_r too for the photo. I always wondered when the Clark Residences lost their towers. Does anyone know? It's too bad they lost the lovely top-floor arbor along the back too.

Last edited by Rycroft; Dec 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM.