View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 5:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Speaking of, what ever happened to that Nexis4NJ guy that used to always post NJT stuff? Haven't seen any posts in ages... They were always a bit asbergers and wonky but I enjoyed them.
I think he is still at skyscrapercity. The site looks like a Hong Kong Neon street with all the different colors, texts, confusion and epileptic inducing layout. They went in the wrong direction IMO with the platform. Its like inception, you have to click within a link within a link within a link to find a single super tall thread. I think I need to have a stroke to appreciate the layout of that site, because the brain damage would make me think it was okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
There used to be a connecting railroad with a yard that branched off what is now the Hudson Bergen LR West Side line and ran south to the east of 440 to the Lehigh Valley RR. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything though.
Part of the extension and station idea is to cater to all the new residents. 8100 units could translate to a small city essentially. The roads are clogged as they are in the area, so more light rail ridership is key.

What will be interesting will be the impact on PATH. Now pre-pandemic, it was a sardine can, and is returning to that. 15-20k more people, potentially impacting PATH during rush hour will be interesting. Or even the Northeast Corridor (I call it the Mumbai express).

Along with all going on in JC and Bayonne.