View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 11:13 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Literally just reposting this from the weather thread without a spoiler tag, ha!

A walk to the superette just now for a drink.

Set to my fave local singer (Amelia Curran), not to be confused with my fave local band (The Once).

Video Link

The house that burned down at the bottom of my block is still an empty lot, and the council housing adjacent still has melted walls and no roof lol

Love the yellow shoes on the line. They're nice sneakers! I'd wear those and can't believe someone tossed them lol

The moon is out tonight.

Looking from the clifftop ledge of the residential downtown over the commercial downtown below.

Sebastian Court is my fave council housing in the city. It's right next to City Hall.

The Majestic Theatre.

This used to be Zapatas, which unfortunately closed, but a completely unrelated, also Mexican restaurant opened in exactly the same spot lol

One of my two superettes (the other one I usually photograph is the same short walk away, but uphill).

In this neighbourhood, the pictures of who's barred are quite extensive lol

Back up past Sebastian Court.

Along the Livingstone projects at the bottom of my block.

Up in Tessier Park. That central burgundy house is jeddy1989's place, so took a bunch to send him the view while he's wintering in Lisbon.

More views from the park.

The City made decks on your neighbour's roof illegal years ago, but hundreds were grandfathered in. I've always wondered what that dynamic is like... if I owned the chartreuse house centered, I'd want to build my own deck on my own roof... but someone already owns it?

Climbing back up the hill to the main cross-street through my neighbourhood.

Looking down that cross-street toward mine...

Glancing down the block before mine...

The (by our standards) wealthy condo block looming over our neighbourhood...

Home sweet home...

Funny aside, my grandparents only ever said "Kayd Fall-chuh". So they skipped entirely the "mile" word in the middle on Mary's door, which of course means 1,000, and were saying just "A hundred welcomes" lol

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Mar 24, 2024 at 1:13 AM.