View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2015, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Estate Gallery
I see the old Kwai Chung Estate

Kwai Chung Estate maps, divided into two areas of management:

A child living in Sha Tin, Kwai Chung for public housing is little contact with most of the time just drove past, peep face Kwai Chung from the compartment. The self-contained corner of Kwai Chung Estate, keep in Mid-levels, for me, every day will drive past the Castle Peak Road near Tai Wo Hau petrol station looked only aware of the existence of this public housing estates.
Until 1995, Kwai Chung Estate in my mind a little more impressed by the vivid picture becomes blurred. The reason is that when there are a lot of news about the Kwai Chung Estate, a large top floor ceiling 17 a unit suddenly collapse, led to a chain media coverage, extended to the progress of HD clearance problem Kwai Chung Estate, Kwai Chung Estate updated why relatively well house but faster eligible for clearance and so on. At that time, Kwai Chung Estate, Block 29-31, 36-42 seat has been demolished.
Kwai Chung Estate in 1964--1965 years completed in phases, a total of 42 buildings with a total of about 9,100 residential units, all belong to the third type of resettlement 8-storey building, the central corridor design, public bathrooms and toilets, public housing and other plumbing then in the 1980s large-scale conversion, demolition toilet floor projecting part, to recover part of the unit to reset the toilet. In the 1990s, the Kwai Chung Estate has three decades of weakness and reveals, based on curiosity, in 1995, the first time I set foot in Kwai Chung Estate, take a look at this article was described as dilapidated housing estates. I look in the upper corner of the street location near the village of 17, this was widely reported "shanties", when there were engineering workers are on the rooftop, it is estimated that repair the floor, to prevent water seepage under rainy again. Directional seat again after I first went and took 12 photographs, it was the summer of 1995.
The third type of residential building plan:

17 Block - 1995

Three years later, the fall of 1998, Kwai Chung Estate remaining three types of resettlement buildings has not yet started to rebuild, one afternoon after school, I went to the Kwai Chung Estate took the camera again, starting again from the seat 17, and this time found the Block 12 is the installation of a large steel frame, the whole floor on the fourth floor of the unit was withdrawn through a word and an iron work, see also feel "tooth smoke." I took a few photos, and then along the upper corner of the street to go to see it down, want to make a film on record. He has been taking from several dozen to twenty, in the first 27 before I stopped, and I saw that the reconstruction completed in spring, summer, okra floor side by side with the front of the 27, the new Harmony met three decades of resettlement blocks by eight into thirty layers of high buildings, is a contrasting picture of the times.
And then went to thirty several area, in Wo Tong Tsui Street corner, they encountered a similar picture, giant gumbo floor meets the first 32, of course, but also recorded. Walk the Kwai Chung Estate for more than an hour later, I met shoot left.
In 2002, the era of digital photography, I again visited and found that all of the old buildings have been demolished, the site is being rebuilt, the building had arranged in my mind as a maze of Kwai Chung Estate has disappeared.
Iron village cards:

The 17 look 13:

16 and 13:

16 and 17 are connected:

12 and 13 are connected:

12 of steel:

Another perspective 12:

10:

The six look 12:

Block 1:

3 and 4:

5 and 6:

6 and Parking:

18:

25:

27:

27 with the new building:

23-26 seat:

28 and 32:

32 and 34:

New and old:

35:

19 and 25:

1995 first came to Kwai Chung Estate, a blink of an eye Nianzai up.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/850576101684460/

Last edited by mrsmartman; May 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM.