View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
<rant>Oh god, if only. I remember my time at MCC, staring at those blank grassy fields, parking lots, squat dilapidated permanent structures, all compared with the new Biosciences building and just imagining a new and better city if Mesa wasn't the status-quo of public government around here. Our state university system is overflowing and broken--it's ridiculous that the only place for a public business education in the metro is ASU. That monopoly needs to end, and its too bad Phoenix just further entrenched it with the downtown campus. ASU Polytechnic should be its own seperate university, ASU West should probably be the University of Arizona Glendale, etc. Expanding availability of academic programs with regional competition will only make more and better educated students. The fact that there was an opposition to expanding nursing programs of all things at the community college level only shows us how scared the bigwigs are of change. Why? </rant>
I don't know anything about how universities work, but I've always thought that all of these satellite campuses of ASU were going to eventually become like those in California (granted, I have no idea how the California schools work either)... but you've got UCLA, UC Irvine, UCSD etc etc. and Cal St Fullerton, Cal St Northridge, etc. etc... they are all seemingly their own school but also sound like just different satellite campuses (they also have their own separate sports teams.)