View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 3:57 PM

First I say built it

Second I say that if we have 3 buildings over 550' in a 2 block radius that is great

Third consider what this means
Philadelphia still has energy in a self imposed economic hardship of a global pandemic; which is telling for the amount of energy that is in Philadelphia right now and if we play our cards right this may just last a good while. Philadelphia has a history of having booms and then economic downturns wreck plans; the earlier case was the plans for the what is now Schuylkill Banks in the 1920's and the Parkway; the most recent case being the American Commerce Center. If we can keep this boom going now Philadelphia may actually take off even more post 2021-2022. Mark my words

Fourth and lastly these projects including 1826 Chestnut add bulk; views from 40th and Chestnut in the west; Camden in the East; and from the South Street Bridge will be enhanced. Friends; there was a time not long ago when a 50 story building for Philadelphia was unheard of; but now think of it; Philadelphia has had so much energy in the last few years or decades that now you can build a 50 story building and not see it. These buildings won't be visible from Fishtown; or Port Richmond; and maybe marginally so from Germantown or Temple University.

I end this with two questions. When will see a 500' in Sckuylkill Banks/30th Street? Will we ever see condos reaching 700'? If this energy keeps going; give it a decade and we just may.