View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 7:23 PM
Honored Member

I scan this thread every time I visit the site, but I'm rarely up for the challenge of reading the plethora of new comments. The fact that Austin's Skyscraperpage (about skyscrapers?) is led by transportation for the most comments (unless you add "Austin Update" I and II) is very discouraging. I say this not to disparage those of you who've contributed so much to this discussion, but because it highlights the gulf between visions of a functional transportation system and our current reality. The thread is enormous because the problem is enormous, and its solutions are enormously complicated, expensive, and additionally problematic. There's just no easy way out.

One thing I'd propose is that our mayors not travel to other countries promoting business investment here, as Steve Adler has been doing. Uh, do we really need more new business here? This is what has caused the traffic nightmare in the first place --- we've got a funky little old frat house and we're inviting the world to our party. Something's gotta give, and it's the transportation (and the C.o.L.)