View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
Thanks, Mike and welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around the campus. As to these quarters, it's a minor point I know but with the way these two guys are handling them, I have a hard time believing these bags weigh 50 lbs apiece.
no, they’re okay, I picked up hundreds of them including dimes, quarters and halves duing the three years I worked for the bank and you just need to support them under your arms and hold the top.
One time an armored car driver tossed a bag of dimes at the flatbed cart and it caught the corner of the cart and tore open and 10,000 dimes went flying all over the loading dock which was a secured area. So we had to sweep them up and made him and his partner wait while we ran them through a counter to be sure we had every last one…meanwhile other trucks that had shown up had to sit and wait before they could enter the dock.

That job was not hard, but did require a lot of trust, because the pay was really low and during my time there at least a dozen employees were fired for “dipping in” for a twenty here, or a ten there. The bank never prosecuted them because the amount was small, maybe a few hundred over a period of time and they did not want to broadcast to the public how many employees where embezzling cash. But those caught could never again be bonded.