View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 4:57 PM
Show me the blueprints

That rendering looks pretty snappy, but since I have to find some fault in everything, I still am not a fan of the insect headlights... would prefer something a little more timeless like a nice flush oversize round lens. And that livery is tasty. I too wish Amtrak would rebrand with a set of graphic standards that were applied to regional trains as well. Anything but those silly halftone gradients on the new midwest trainsets. Gimme a break with the stuff, its about 20 years out of style imo. A solid bold color would have been so much more appealing. All white? Yes. Charcoal? Yes. Some white, some grey, some stupid blue bars and dots and a red stripe for good patriotic measure? No thanks. Looks like design by committee.

Compare to the sophisticated livery GWR released a few years ago over in Britain:

_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
^ It's not too different from how state railways in Europe have different branding for different tiers of service.

Deutsche Bahn has a red livery for regional trains and a white livery with red stripe for long-distance trains.
Compared to Deutsche Bahn's thoughtful and cohesive corporate branding, Amtrak is a literal trainwreck.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding