View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:32 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
http://phoenix.gov/citygovernment/pl...phx/index.html

Reminder for those interested the first Central City meeting for the new Phoenix General Plan is tonight at 6pm at the Emerson Court, School District Board Room (East Entrance), 1817 N. 7th Street.
So just in case anyones interested I thought Id give a little report on this. It was a bit frustrating because I arrived at 6, the designated time, and they had double booked the room so I had to sit through a Central City village meeting for 30 minutes at first before the General Plan visioning meeting began.

As far the "visioning" meeting went, all they had us do was throw out things we valued about Phoenix, which went reasonably well I suppose. A lot of the same themes kept coming up (weather, opportunity, openness, the desert) which wasn't much of a surprise. It was only an hour or so long and I felt a bit hamstrung by how limited the topic of the meeting was.

The next meeting is on Nov 6th at 6pm at the same place. We're supposed to come with ideas "imagining Phoenix at its best at 2050." I encourage anyone here to show up since I got the feeling from a lot of people at the first meeting were long on heart but short on vision. I feel like a lot of the folks here would really have some valuable things to add.