View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2017, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
Despite how the number looks in GSV, that's actually 236/238 W 15th Street (the July 2014 view shows the door open with the number on the inside). As far as I can tell, it was built in 1923. It looks like it was originally the Motor Parts Co, then became the Surplus Supply Co, and then the Radio Products Sales Co. That takes us up to the 1942 CD.
Thanks for the correction and information Hoss and t2.

Birthday party for Alyce Hansen Edwards at the Colony Club, 1952.

I'm pretty sure Alyce is the lady beaming next to the movie-star handsome guy on the left.

How do I know this?

Well, believe it or not we have seen Alyce on NLA...courtesy of HossC.

She wasn't nearly as happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
I had a quick look through the USC library for pictures of Joly's, but the images I've found so far are either from the wrong time period or the wrong part of Western Avenue. The picture below fits into the latter category. It shows a traffic accident at 36th Place and Western Avenue in February 1952. The caption names the traffic officer as J. I. Massey, and says that the lady in the car is 25-year-old Alyce L. Hanson, who was one of the drivers involved. There are two pictures in the set, but they both have virtually the same view. I was hoping to see the other car. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that the car is a 1950 Chevy convertible.

USC Digital Library
So do you think I have the right person? (she looks older in Hoss' pic but the info says she's 25)

for comparison

I can't say I'm completely sure because the lady sitting next to 'Alyce' in the birthday pic looks similar to Alyce.
And to be honest, she looks more like the woman in the car wreck / but the woman in the wreck is supposed to be 25 yrs old)

I think it's her Mom.
_

update: I
I think the 'Hansen' is her maiden name. (the 'L' in Hoss' pic is prob. her middle initial, right?

I mean, th

update: II
Oh man, I just noticed Hanson is spelled differently too. (maybe the press spelled Hansen wrong?

___

Last edited by ethereal_reality; May 14, 2017 at 8:52 PM.