View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 12:45 AM
菠蘿油

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Must be a pain for the city to clear the snow with everyone parking their cars on the street, but it looks so much nicer without all the big driveways jutting into the rowhouses.
There's a pretty elaborate snow removal process (this YouTube video explains it). When a street is targeted for snow removal, orange signs go up letting residents know when it will take place and they need to move their cars to another street (in some areas the city takes over private parking lots so residents have somewhere to park). Tow trucks make several rounds blaring sirens and honking their horns before the clearance operation starts. It's pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohurumo View Post
I immediately wanted to visit the city. What month does it look the best?
Personally, my favourite month is June, because it's lush and green with a lot of flowers, but it usually isn't too hot and everybody is super hyped for summer to begin. It's a great atmosphere. October is gorgeous with all the colours. And if you want a good wintery atmosphere, December through February is usually pretty consistently snowy. The months to avoid are March (cold, icy, everybody miserable because winter keeps dragging on) and November (dark, rainy, chilly, people are depressed due to the lack of light).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov View Post
Wish there were more of these threads (and they were more active) like in the old days.
I know, right?