View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 4:53 PM

I second that opinion Kidphilly, especially the need for better public transportation in the area and the city as a whole. I think it is time for the city & septa actually look into how to expand our transportation network, specifically our subway network. With a growing job center around the hospitals and the vertical expansion of the callowhill neighborhood (between vine and spring garden streets). It makes sense to expand rail service to serve these growing areas.

I'm not saying build it right away, but at least plan for the future. Even a quick little line from 30th street to the medical center would do wonders for traffic in the area or expanding patco (first making it part of septa....) into west philly via spruce or south into graduate hospital via graysferry would be a huge improvement for the cities transit infrastructure! The city drastically need to put a plan together for the future otherwise we'll continue to have more and more parking garages for office buildings and residential buildings not within a few blocks of the BSL and MFL.