View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Shiro, it's a parking lot, which is exactly what I wrote, and exactly what you claimed doesn't exist.

No, it isn't a parking lot for taxis. No, it isn't a "limited parking for dropping of people". It's a regular (and quite large) surface parking lot, for regular cars, with metered parking, and right in front of the station entrance, right downtown, in the very heart of Hamburg.
No, you wrote about big surface parking lots. It's neither "quite large" (seriously?!), nor really a parking "lot". It is exactely what I wrote; limited parking (only space for <100 cars and you can only park there for an hour) and yes there is a taxi stand right next to it. Now stop being ridiculous.

Quote:
No, this is a postwar highway. It most definitely isn't a "regular surface street", and you know it.

It's limited access, limited pedestrian accommodations (see no sidewalk at street and no retail), wider, higher speed, some elevated crossings, and no pedestrians. 99% of urban German streets look nothing like this. It's just bad postwar planning.
Sigh... Dude, it is even called "Ludwig-Erhard-Straße"! You know what Straße means right? It's not "limited access" at all! It has side streets and traffic lights! Yes there is a sidewalk (are you blind?) there's even a bike path! The speed limit is 50 kph just like other German surface streets in urban centers, I do not see signs indicating otherwise. And where the fuck do you see elevated crossings?! So a stretch of it is lined with offices, that doesn't make it a highway all of a sudden! Among your ridiculous claims, this one is one of the more ridiculous ones. Everyone can see that this is not a highway, let alone there are multiple ones circling the city center. Geesh...

Last edited by SHiRO; Aug 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM.