View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTOKO View Post
I just have one question to ask. What do people find so appealing about Moncton. Unless there are jobs available I can't really see people wanting to move there. No offence but I always thought of Moncton as a giant swamp with a river of shit running through it. Terrible Architecture, Terrible History.. and BORING! Gawd I don't understand the hype so you have a population of 130 thou.. there are 130 thousand people in my neighborhood, that isn't going to fix your cities problems. Sure your doing alright but when it comes down to it your only putting makeup on the Elephant man... please tell me why i'm wrong..
I'm not sure it's about what's inside City limits, not that there is anything wrong within City limits, but part of what makes a great place, is obviously its location. Have you ever been around Moncton? There are Fundy and Kouchibouguac National Parks within an hour of town, the warmest salt water beaches north of Virginia and short driving distances to anywhere in the Maritimes. Its a bilingual City, so there is no shortage of culture, I think its a relatively young City and getting younger. Yes, I was born and raised there, so I am a little biased, but I couldnt think of a better place to live. Hell, I cant wait to get out of Calgary and move back home.