View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
Its kind of debatable how much politics matter here.

For example, San Francisco is supposed to be the liberal mecca. But surely there are plenty of average people there who just go to work and come home and aren't vegetarians volunteering with a environmental group.

Likewise I guess because of the oil industry and the fact it's Texas, a lot of people from Houston are the type who drive pickups with pro-gun and libertarian bumper stickers. But most people including my family from there are just normal.
Yeah, too much stereotyping occurs. Most people and cities are a big mix and don't fit neatly into box. I keep having to remind people that Houston (the city limits of which include many suburbs) voted Democratic in both 2008 and 2012. And of course the city has repeated elected a gay mayor.

Case in point: I vote Democratic, am pro-environment, pro-health care and anti-gun, but am not vegetarian, am pro-life, and pro-business. I like people who are a mix of things, because it shows they can think for themselves and not rely on what Fox or MSNBC tells them to think.