Thread: Holyoke, MA
View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2009, 4:16 PM

A Lot of Potential

I was born and raised in this city and looking at these pictures brought back some memories. This was and still is a rough city. I visited some family in Holyoke about a year ago and I was depressed about how bad it looked now...The old buildings have so much potential for office spaces or stores near downtown. I would imagine it can get expensive to revitalize those buildings especially the chances that those buildings would be infested with lead paint and asbestos. Most of those pictures are the very places I hung around most of my time. I noticed that he didn't go deep into the flats which can get pretty scary in there...hehe. But the buildings are still beautiful in there. Most of the buildings where lost by fires or just had been abandoned. Some of those buildings would be great for a studio or a gaming company. But still is a beautiful city if you can see past the graffiti and abuse that it's taken over the years. This use to be one of America's biggest paper suppliers....This is why they call it The Paper City.