View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberider View Post
This is a wonderful thread and I've been lurking here for months. Especially enjoyed all the Bunker Hill photos and info. Many thanks to all the contributors.

Strangedays, is that 1939/41 map available somewhere online or do you have a copy of it? Being a PE/LARy and map fan, I'd love to see the whole thing.

Thanks,
Dave
Cyberider, I've tried and tried to get in all in one image but I'm too dumb to figure it out. I do have panning images that are videos but am not able to get it all on screen in one shot and still make it readable. If you are anyone else has any pointers, that would be great. Then I'll upload it. The camera is a Panasonic TM700.

While here and on the subject of maps, here is another shot of the Baldwin Hills map, a Bekins 1941 that strangely does not include Rodeo Road. The LA Times suggests Rodeo Road was extended (how far) along with Santa Barbara in 1936-37.

LOCATION OF WHAT WILL BE CITY'S LARGEST PLAYGROUND

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Nov 8, 1936
... south by the projected extensions of Rodeo Road and Santa Barbara avenue, ... TRACT DONATED Conveyed as a gift to the Los Angeles City Playground and ...

But this map lacks the extensions. Maybe because that was the county line? Anyone know?