View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
If you are safe to drive of streets every day there is nothing that makes game day any more dangerous. Also if someone such as your parents has a documented medical issue limiting their mobility and has obtained a handicap parking permit the Bombers have access plans in place that include allowing people to be dropped off directly at Gate 1. In terms of accessibility for people with mobility issues IGF is significantly better than the old stadium could have ever dreamed.
Well, adults tend to enjoy having some independence. My parents aren't handicapped, they are just old and don't move as well. The one game I took them to we did the drop-off, and it was horrendous on both ends, way worse on the way out. It's not an impossibility for them to attend, it's just such a hassle to get onto campus, into the stadium, back to their vehicle (the extremely dangerous part for everyone, complete chaos) and eventually home that they won't go as much as they love football and the Bombers. They parked right next to the old stadium and were home in Transcona an hour after the game.

I agree that the stadium has more bells and whistles for people with mobility issues, but the ramps into the stadium are horrible for anyone in a wheelchair, great to gain some speed for a post-game drag race though.