View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I'm going to post this here. It's about the Irving LTD's new head office Building, and Mr. Bezanson appeal against the construction of it.
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/heritage-...cism-1.2854700
Am I the only one who thinks he is trying to play the victim to get his way He claims to have received threat, and is also being bullied.
I question his motives but really can't question his right to appeal. I also support the rights of the majority to rally and support this initiative. What it does is underscore the need to modify the heritage bylaws to be more pragmatic. As a homeowner within the heritage district, I live these restrictions every day and while I support maintaining the overall fabric of the community I also support the relaxation of many of the rules. Heritage can and does coexist quite nicely with other styles both here and other jurisdictions. Saint John is not Colonial Williamsburg....it is a city where people work, live and play and must be able to adapt to the changing needs of society if we are to grow and survive in the 21st century.