View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMole View Post
In some actual development news, two crews are working today to finish the electrical for the new light at second and park and installing a new light at University and Park. The Tyndall Ave stop has it's shade up, but half the platform hasn't been poured. Level is continuing to finish with about 5 full floors that have windows and about three that have the sliding glass doors for the balconies. Hub worksite picked up even more today than it was yesterday. About 3 times more people around the site.

Side note, The post office that was in Main Gate Square closed on April 1st. There is a liquor license in the window of the old La Salsa and the Fat Greek that was down for remodeling for water damage has a liquor license back up too.
Nice post.

I didn't know University and Park was getting a light. That's actually great news as is the light at University and 4th. Both of those intersections were horrible for people screwing up the 4-way stop cycle.

I looked up the liquor license register and guess what's going in the La Salsa location. Wait for it . . . a CVS. This seems like something that would be better suited for the ground floor of one of the new apartment buildings.

EDIT - As I kind of expected, based on the fact that the post office was closing as well, CVS is taking over the entire building. So, that means no more Johnny Rockets either.

http://www.tucsonaz.gov/SIREPub/cach...3014915884.pdf

Last edited by Ted Lyons; Apr 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM.