View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 3:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
I've been to all 50 states, and I love them all - but if you were to say a state name, this is what would instantly pop into my head before I had a chance to think.

Arizona Place: Empty except for Phoenix, sprawling, beautiful. People: Old people and transplants, riding on Californias coattails.
You owe yourself a return trip--and not to Phoenix. Tucson and Nogales and the land between are definitely not empty and while there's lots of retirees, there's even more young Hispanic people. Oh, and I'd say there's a stronger connection to Mexico than to California in this part of the state.

Quote:
California Place: Very diverse state, two huge cities, desert in south, mountains in north. People: Lots of transplants, feel like the rest of the country are their "accessories". Blonds at the beach, hispanics doing all the manual labor.
You mean "three huge metro areas" unless you want people from San Diego, San Jose, Oakland and some others to come after you. And you need to somehow work the Central Valley, where a good part of your food (like every other American's) comes from, into your stereotype.