View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 9:46 PM

Either way the CTBUH decides, there will still be opposing schools of thought as to which building is taller. I'm not quite sure the argument will ever be settled, unless there is a fundamental change in how the CTBUH recognized antennas and spires.

And to think... all of this could have been avoided if Durst just stuck with the original plan. I wonder how much money is being spent and efforts expended just to prove the antenna mast is a "spire" (i.e. all the lighting tests, etc.)?

Hopefully, CTBUH rules against Durst. It would be a tremendous punch in the gut to virtually every American, but it would vilify Durst (punishing him for cheapening out), and the ensuing outrage by New Yorkers and "Murikans" alike could bring considerable attention and debate to the methodology CTBUH uses to address spires/antennas. Another silver lining here is Durst could finally pony up the money to make this a more significant spire with undeniable architectural elements that would and end to this once and for all. This wouldn't even be an issue had they kept the radome in the first place.