View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 8:05 PM

Is it just me or is it that I fell that most of what wilmington is doing with the "deadzones" is building small apartments/condos there. Don't get me wrong, I do think Wilmington does need to improve the living situations especially in downtown but I think they should also make retail/office too and save some apartment/condo buildings in the form of a skyscraper because there aren't any hotel/condo skyscrapers besides the residents at christina landing. Maybe they could build a downtown mall (like in Philly) and later on build a tower on top. Or what about a 15-20 story embassy with the outdoor glass elevators. (like Chicago). Again, I'm not saying Wilmington needs a skyscraper but I'm saying that fill some of the dead zones with a hotel/condo tower. It's still adding residents and filling dead zones but it's also is building up too (which its been a while since). And to me, it seems like Wilmington is trying to replicate a large city in a small city, and doing this would probably help Wilmington in both ways. But what do you guys think. I'm always interested in your opinions too even if you disagree.

Last edited by jonesrmj; Sep 1, 2016 at 8:22 PM.