View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 8:42 PM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
Not to knock the potential of SLC getting taller tower(s) or anything, but you guys do claim to have that increadible Mountainous backdrop of your City. Which BTW I agree is pretty decent, I'm just wondering if that would be in jeopardy with a bunch of 40+/50+ story skyscrapers blocking the view of those peaks? Maybe that might have an influence on the approval committe? If there is one? Or possibly people with more influence on SLC's development? I don't know? There is nothing to back up my theory, but it's just a thought, what do you guys think?
The mountains near the SLC downtown area are not as beautiful as those to the south. They are torn apart from mining to the west and nearly covered with homes to the north and east. Buildings would definitely not take away from the view, but I am sure those opposed to change will use whatever line it takes to prevent buildings from being built... and we all know the majority of Utahn's are opposed to change. Look at the last presidential results.