View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2007, 4:44 AM
Long-Time Californian

Damn... I spend some time to compose a response... follow-up on my own with some real action... and all these posts in the past hour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
If it's not going to Sacramento from the beginning... I'll be voting no. It will never happen other wise
How can one reason with someone when they are only willing to look at things in absolute terms? I am glad you're a comedian.

I have said it before on other threads concerning California High Speed Rail... if you support it contact your local state legislator to encourage them to take action. In this case it would be to encourage them to "fully fund the CHSRA request for $103 million in the proposed FY08 state budget."

Need help... don't know who your legislator is or how to contact them? Go to this site and type in your zip code in the area in the bottom right: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/

I just called my state senator and assembly person representing my zip code, 92103. And here's what I said:

Concerning the Fiscal Year 2008 state budget, I urge you as a member of the Assembly/Senate to fully fund the California High Speed Rail Authority’s request for $103 million, versus the 1 million proposed by the govenor.

This amount is small in the scope of the budget, but necessary to advance clean air efforts and the fight against global warming. It also dirupts the vicious cycle of more roadways equals more cars. Public Transit and High Speed rail is the future… it’s time the state gets on board.

In the mean time, here's a picture of the French TGV I stole off the internet someplace. Something to envision as November 2008 approaches.