View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2016, 1:22 PM
World Traveler

Considering the various viewpoints on our rail, here's some insight into another rail argument for TexRail in Fort Worth (to DFW airport and with other stops in some of the suburbs). Similar arguments, but I personally think it will be wildly successful over time. DCTA has been overly full certain times of day given their limited capacity and DART is doing better with time (though admittedly not as good as it can be; I rode it recently when up there seeing my in-laws and it was packed to the brim even in the off-peak hours on a Thursday). TRE seems full the few times I've seen people boarding and disembarking, and some friends who ride it every other week say it's usually pretty full. My point is this: rail is growing in popularity in Texas, albeit slowly, but it is growing. People are viewing it as an appropriate alternative in many, many cases. It will only get better as better infrastructure and connectivity exists (with proper placement of stations, bus connections, pedestrian connections, etc., also taken into consideration, of course...all important things in their own right).

Anyway, here's the article:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-f...am-ahead-july/