View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 2:00 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiomals View Post
I don't want to sound too scornful here, but when will you be making picket signs and arranging a crowd of at least 100 to protest outside Durst offices or 1WTC? When will you be gathering signatures for a petition? I'd love to know when and where your planned protest is set to be.

Your time for actually getting up and protesting and petitioning with regards to the radome and the design of the new WTC in general has long passed, and as far as I know you never had any intention of doing such a thing. Now people here are just venting their feelings on an online forum which will make ZERO difference (slacktivism), and although you all have the right to express your opinions it's frankly getting quite annoying. People have been saying the same things over and over about the spire for months, and has Durst changed its mind yet? Nope.

You all can go ahead and continue complaining, but as long it's on here your words will fall on no one's ears. You can say all you want how America has become "complacent" but as long as you're not out there actually educating the public and "demanding the best", you are just as complacent as the rest of us, while also being a hypocrite.
My commentary is from the outside looking in as I am Canadian. Just an observation from your friendly neighbour to the north. Take it for what it's worth.

Edit: and btw there was a petition going around a year or so back that I did sign.

Last edited by O-tacular; Nov 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM.