View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John O'Dowd View Post
Hi,
I'm Barbara Payton's biographer and I was happy to see her being discussed here. Barbara's life story is currently being developed for a feature-length documentary titled "Bad Blonde", and I hope that those who find the film noir aspects of her life interesting will support the project once it comes to fruition. I am also currently working on a photo book titled “Barbara Payton: A Life in Pictures”, which will contain over 600 rare and previously unpublished images of Barbara from her life and career, as well as associated text from Barbara's best friend and sister-in-law, Jan Redfield, and myself. Thanks very much for allowing me to contribute to this forum. The photos here are absolutely dynamite!
Thanks again,
John O'Dowd
WOW times a thousand!!! I have been extremely busy with a design project over the last few weeks and unable to visit the thread very much. Imagine my delight, when I took time to visit today, to find all of these great posts about Barbara Payton.

From the time of my first post about her a few months ago, I have become obsessed with getting to know more about her and her ultimately tragic short life.

I am especially thrilled that you have joined the thread Mr. O'Dowd, as I just recently finished your beautifully warm biography of Barbara "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye: The Barbara Payton Story". What a great read! Thank you.

Online, I was also able to find the interview that you conducted with her son John Lee. His loving and understanding words regarding his mother were very touching in that they were so obviously heartfelt.

I have bought, rented, downloaded, etc. copies of every Barbara movie that I can find and can say that she was definitely a presence on film. So striking and statuesque.

A few weeks ago I drove out to Cypress View to pay my respects and leave flowers at Barbara's internment site. It was pleasing to see that someone else had left flowers for her as well. Feeling that it was somehow appropriate, I drove our '51 Cadillac convertible out there.

Thank you to everyone who has posted about Barbara lately and I certainly look forward to the film and new book Mr. O'Dowd!

~Jon Paul