View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2014, 4:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
Not much of this article seems to be "only in Houston". A CBD built miles away from downtown by one developer? Sounds like Century City to me. Multi-story wood framed buildings being built in SFH neighborhoods? Sounds like a lot of Los Angeles to me. Industrial space being turned into residential neighborhoods? Sounds like the Arts District to me. This article is just factually incorrect.
This article is about zoning. Los Angeles actually does have set of limits in designated areas of what you can and can't build, and NIMBYism is much more powerful and toxic in LA like many other cities, sky. It's not even remotely like Houston where it's relatively easy to plop down a tower in a sea of single family homes. And you can't even compare CC to Uptown (a full fledged CBD in its own right thats getting rapidly bigger, unlike CC). LA has one (mild) downtown. Houston has five. The article is correct, there is no other city in the country like Houston and I can't wait to see what its like 20 years.