Thread: Small Houses
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 8:54 PM
Crane Goddess

About the only one of these I'd consider living in was the traditional Thai house.
Even though I'm single, these tiny homes wouldn't be practical for me- I've got a decent sized book collection that would take up some room all by itself. I'm also a costumer, working in leather and fabric. I've got a decent sized stash of materials, which also take up space. And of course, my finished creations need to live somewhere.
Call me whatever names you want, but I'd rather have a full sized house and turn parts of it into dedicated work spaces, then mess around with one of these tiny things, and have to dick around with outbuildings or offsite storage. And no, I am NOT willing to get rid of my tools and belongings, just for the sake of "efficient living".

Some of these small homes might work well in warmer climates with reasonably nice weather- you can supplement with outdoor living space and outbuildings- but here in Nova Scotia, which has pretty crappy weather for a good chunk of the year, just nope.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5