View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcityleo79 View Post
If you want to bash Sacramento County, this is not the place to do it! They have put forth a proposal. We can only hope that it will come to fruition. Elk Grove has had big plans in the past that were dashed by the recession. But, they are a HUGE city (by suburban standards). This is within but not jurisdiction of Sacramento County we're talking about, by the way. This is a city of 160,000 people with ambitious leaders wanting to make their mark on the metro. How can you be a naysayer of the Elk Grove plans when there is nothing to compare success/failure to (outside of plans cancelled because of the recession)?
I didn't intend to bash the area. If I hated the place I wouldn't spend my time trolling this subforum. I like Sacramento, having lived there for a few years and enjoy the updates on central city projects (and lurking mostly).

As for suburban developments, I'll be skeptical for now, based off the disconnect between past suburban proposals in the region (North Natomas, Cordova Hills, off the top of my head) and reality. I know-different jurisdictions; yet, everything ends up auto-centered schlock? It's frustrating. Can a hundreds' acre greenfield project on the edge of a sprawling suburb become something interesting? I'm with you in hoping it does.