View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
There must be others in the county, but the only 2-digit addresses I can think of within the city limits are in Venice, close to the beach. Some private streets, such as Berkeley Square, had their own 2-digit systems. This house doesn't appear to be in Venice, and I know it's not Berkeley Square. Could it be Hollywood before the annexations 1909-1915, which resulted in many address realignments and street-name changes? Could be in any number of towns in SoCal. Santa Monica? Pasadena? sopas, are you there to give us a little insight into address numbering in your vicinity?

I ran across the following link, which at first glance appeared to be the definitive story on L.A. address history, and maybe it is, but then it went off into quadrants and azimuths, nipple streets and parent streets... so I really only scanned it--but you might find something here:

http://libraries.maine.edu/Spatial/g...s/gi94040.html
haha, yeah there are two digit addresses in the county...over 40 years ago I lived at 90 Monterey Rd. in South Pasadena, while working at 56 Del Mar in Pasadena. And now I work at One Innovation Way in Pomona. But try as I might I can't think of anyplace in LA with a 2 digit number.