View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 2:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was watching Moncton City Council this evening (yes, I know that I have no life).

Of interest is the future direction of development in the Harrisville Blvd area. Council voted to make Marriot Street a limited access road. Marriot is where the new Fairfield Inn and Suites will be built. Council alluded to the fact that there will be a second lot developed on this street. This lot will contain a combination gas bar/service station and restaurant.

It was a little difficult to follow the presentation at times, but council confirmed that the province is planning on redesigning the entire Harrisville Blvd/Rte 15 interchange, possilbly into the parclo that Myles alluded to earlier. I believe that Marriot St will be one of the access points onto the new interchange.

In general discussions at council, it was mentioned in passing that significant commercial development is to be expected on Harrisville between Rte 15 and the Shediac Rd in the future. We already know that PlazaCorp owns a large swath of land on the NE corner of the Harrisville/Rte 15 interchange. This is rumoured to include (amongst other things), a new Sobeys store.

Finally council is looking at rezoning the east side of Harrisville, just south of the CN.main line for a proposed suburban commercial development.

It would appear that Harrisville will look significantly different in five years time........