View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2007, 8:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumly_chgoman View Post
15 minutes from DT to ORD.......what are you driving the frickin space shuttle....I don't think so.....even if there is NO traffic.....door to door 30 min absolute minimum
^^^^Ok not to be off topic or anything......but read carefull what I said....door to door.....that is from the time you leave the door of your apt / condo to the time you walk in the terminal......15minutes no way in hell

taking La salle and chicago as a starting point....I said DT.....technically this isn't it is actually closer to Ohare.....but whatever......it is about 17 1/4 miles to ORD....now assuming you start your clock the second you start your car at the corner of Lasalle and Chicago you have to AVERAGE roughly 69 miles per hour for the ENTIRE trip.....you have to get to the Ohio feeeder and then onto the kennedy....assuming you stop your clock the minute you pass under the welcome to ohare (nice pic or Richey Daley smilin at you) then MAYBE, MAYBE....given essentially deserted streets, no cops etc......but I still find claims of 15 minutes to highly incredulous.....to AVERAGE 69 miles / hour through an urban enviroment for a distance of nearly 20 miles is tough, very tough to do.

I know everyone wants to claim they can drive like Mario ANdretti or Jimmie Johnson.....but you run up against reality

OK ......I am done arguing and my OT rant is over.....since this really has nothing to do with development I fully expect my and all the other related speed racer rants to be summarily executed