View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
rlrdrken, your YouTube link seems to be broken. For anyone wanting to see the video, try clicking here.

A couple of nights ago I came across this picture of the Richfield Building on the USC site. I don't remember seeing it here before, but that's no guarantee! It's dated at November 26, 1957.

I can't find any references to Richfield Boron Gasoline in NLA, so here are a few contemporary advertisements:

Ebay

A bit off topic, but the ad containing the B-58 Hustler bomber would be from the 1960-62 era. The B-58 was built by General Dynamics in their Ft. Worth, Texas plant. I was attending TCU at the time and the campus was probably around 6-7 miles from that plant as the crow flies. Every morning around 2:00am they rolled those suckers off the assembly line to static test the engines. The ground would shake and noise was about at the same level as one might expect from a large tornado. Thanks for the Memories!

On another note, Boron is not only a great fuel additive it is a wonderful oil additive that in both cases cleans up the inside of an engine, eliminating both ignition ping from carbon build up but the nasty sludge that can collect on rotating assembly components in any engine. Overall a good thing for fuel efficiency, engine life, and reduction of air pollutants.