View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy View Post
I could be wrong but if I recall correctly the 5th & Flower Station was studied under the Regional connector and when the station was eliminated it was proposed that escape corridors be repurposed to have a portal at 5th and Flower that would be connected under ground to 7th Street Metro center. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s done and there are a few examples of this in New York. But if you’re looking at a Union Station type Terminus and a direct connection to the Red/Purple/Gold/Blue Lines it could be done by pretty much connecting 5th/Flower with 7th/Metro as previously proposed.

As far as a dream line I’d like to see this line curve northwest via Glendale Blvd/Atwater Village/San Fernando Road to Burbank. A second line from downtown Glendale to Santa Monica Blvd via Hyperion and continuing to Century City/Constellation Blvd would be great, but that would require the Crenshaw Line bypass The route everyone wants and continue directly north to Hollywood/Highland, perhaps vía La Brea.
MY ultimate fantasy is for the hulking ped-activity-killing behemoth known as the Bonaventure Hotel to go bankrupt, get torn down, and have Metro reconnect and retrofit the Belmont Tunnel. Then have them connect the WSAB to the old Terminal Building next to Park Fifth, continuing via the tunnel as a realization of the "Yellow Line" concept, eventually linking with the Orange Line.

This would also require relocating the Belmont Apartments, though :/