View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
I think ridership will be higher if the line ends in financial district vs 6th/Santa Fe. And transfer at Pershing is going to save time vs at 6th/Santa Fe as it will bypass the 3rd st station in the yard where red/purple will have speed restrictions and the dogleg thru Union Station. I’m guessing someone going from Artesia to Century City is going to save maybe 5 minutes with transfer at Pershing.
There is no 3rd Street station in the yard, therefore travel to Pershing Square will be 5 minutes.

Quote:
Financial district also has further extension possibilities that both Union Station and 6th/santa fe precludes.
Same can be said about the other options. From Union Station, a line can go northwest to Glendale or East towards County USC and CSULA, at 6th Santa Fe, a line can head east down Whittier Blvd that many have talked about as well. Nothing is set in stone about any of them.

Quote:
And lastly, financial district terminal adds that 2nd downtown core link for Blue line that is not shared with Expo that we’ve talked about for years. It allows for more capacity into where most jobs are located in downtown.
Because it is now shared with West Santa Ana Corridor? I don't see how that logic makes any sense

The Opposite of PRO is CON, that fact is clearly seen.
If Progress means moves forward, then what does Congress mean?

Last edited by WrightCONCEPT; Feb 19, 2018 at 12:27 PM.