View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 4:52 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I don't think the Salt Lake Metro could support a second one amusement park. If so I think both would be pretty watered down, and both would be much less interesting than Lagoon presently is.

I do however think that the state in general could support two. For many years now I have thought that St. George would be a great place for a theme park, it has a decent population base, but it's the visitors to the area that would truly support the park. My family traveled to St. George once a twice a year nearly every year just for the weekend, and the only thing to do was swim in the hotel pool. An Amusement Park, if done right could mean even more tourism dollars for St. George, and could attract families from Vegas as well.

I could however see the potential for a new Large Theme/Amusement Park being built on the shores of Utah Lake, in Vineyard on the former Geneva Steel site. Now that would be a cool amusement park and a great location, particularly with a future Front Runner stop planned in Vineyard. Cedar Point in Ohio is on Lake Eire. I would anticipate that if done right however that Lagoon would quickly become very obsolete, and just a small little after thought park. While Lagoon isn't anywhere near the top of the list of great amusement parks, it does have it's charm and history and I would hate to see it go out of business. Plus who's to say that an amusement park in Vineyard wouldn't be closed on Sunday.

Last edited by Future Mayor; Dec 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM.